Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Inspired by a prayer



This morning on my drive to work I found myself in deep conversation with God, specifically lifting up individuals I know whose jobs are up in the air. I reminded Him of His promises, as if He needs reminding. I spoke scripture over their situations, which He knows very well. I prayed for provision, peace, direction... Then I said, "God, bring security to their situation."

/ / S I D E B A R / /

Security. 
We all want it. We all need it to some degree. Who doesn't want a confidence that if they were to fall there would be something underneath them to catch them, even if it is just pavement. Security brings a confidence. It brings with it a peace that even the worst case scenario is bearable. Security; we all want it. 

In regards to my prayer, I found myself asking God to bring security to my friends' lives... through a job. Sure, job security is great. It is a weight off your shoulders to know you have a job from day to day. HOWEVER, everything on this side of heaven is TEMPORARY.

Based on that statement nothing is secure, but there is someONE who secures us. I prayed for God to bring security to a situation, but He Himself brings security in any situation. While my prayer is the same for these friends- security, but I pray they are made aware of their security that has not been compromised based on employment- their security found in God. 

"You light a lamp for me.
The Lord, my God, lights up my darkness.
In your strength I can crush an army;
with my God I can scale any wall.
God's way is perfect.
All the Lord's promises prove true.
He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.
For who is God except the Lord?
Who but our God is a solid rock?
God arms me with strength,
and he makes my way perfect.
You make me as surefooted as a dear,
enabling me to stand on mountain heights.
Psalms 18:28-34

No comments:

Post a Comment