Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Making it.

I don't know how I am going to do all of this... Will this ever really happen?

With God. God help me. I can do all things through You.

This has been the conversation I have had with myself almost daily for the past couple of weeks. There has been so much going on in my family, in my personal life, and with my work... pretty much every aspect of life right now. It is amazing how it seems things hit us at once, but many times they do.

I refuse to be stressed. I refuse to be overwhelmed. I refuse to give up.

I am reminded that God never gives us more than we can handle. We can often use this as our encouragement; that no matter how hard things get we have to make it through because God wouldn't give us too much. And yet, He never intended for us to handle any of it alone. You see God doesn't give us too much to handle, because what we can't carry, He will. When you think of it that way, yes, there will be times we realize we are holding more of life than we can carry. God didn't overwhelm you. He never meant for you to carry it in the first place. He is waiting for you to let Him carry it.

I can do all things through Christ....

Through Christ. I can carry anything when Christ is supporting me. I can walk through the darkest of valleys, because Christ is with me. There is nothing I cannot do.... with Christ. You see, one will not work without the other. You cannot do all things without Christ. In fact, we would do good to take the notion that we cannot do anything without Christ. When we are working and living on God's strength, we will realize that even the most challenging times in life are the most fulfilling and miraculous.

I challenge you with this today:

Refuse to be stressed. Refuse to be overwhelmed. Refuse to give up.

Allow God to carry the load. Maybe you see your goals getting further and further away. Don't stop going after them. Never quit. For when you quit you have already lost.

I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.

Philippians 4:13 (The Message)






1 comment: